Sunday, May 10, 2009

Who Me - Win??

Musing about raffles today.....

This past weekend our local hospital had a charity raffle as part of their fundraising gala. It was a huge raffle with 39 different prizes. I thought about not buying any tickets but decided that I could afford to lose a certain amount of money and not have any regrets. About 500 people were in attendance and everyone seemed to have their hands stuffed with tickets. This was the type of raffle where you had to choose which prize to drop your ticket.

I bought my 10 tickets and then my husband went and bought ten tickets. We laughed how we both had them not knowing that the other one was also doing the same thing. Before I approached the various items, I thought about how I never win and why was I bothering. But then another thought crept in and said - why not you? So right there and then, I changed my attitude and decided that I had at least one winner. As my perspective changed I zeroed in the red sox tickets, a clothing shopping spree, dining certificates and various items I thought would be fun to win. I happily dropped my tickets into the containers.

At the end of the night when the results were posted, guess what? I actually won the red sox tickets and the clothing shopping spree. Yahooo, people were congratulating me on winning, not once but twice. I was shocked, and said, who me - win? How exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Two prizes, what a treat. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you the last two weeks.

    Tag! You're It! Come to my Dream Weaving blog for instructions.

    http://dreamweavingalife.blogspot.com/2009/05/six-things-that-make-me-happy.html

    ReplyDelete