Sunday, April 26, 2009

Type A/B Fundraising

Here is the muse for the day....

Volunteering can be an interesting activity especially when it involves fundraising with other people who are different from yourself. It can really stretch one's comfort zone to let other's take the reigns. I tend to be more of a type A personality, who enjoys making lists and work plans. I like having the tasks set before me so I can plan out my time into "bit sized pieces" this also helps me see the priorities, like which task has to come before another. Some people are the more creative type who like to do things a different way. It does not necessarily mean that we won't end up at the same place in the end, it just means we have different ways of getting there.

In the end I find it helpful to split up tasks. As an example, you handle publicity, and I will handle the set up and food. I like the set up part of an event because I can run in my own lane with my charts, diagrams and plans while the others can be creative and make the place look pretty!

My hat's off to everyone who volunteers to help out. Whether you are a Type A or B, you're input is necessary. After all, what good is a perfect set up if the flowers don't look good!?

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! I really like this one - although I like all of your posts. Type B's are more touch-feely, usually the artsy type. I am a type A-B. Yes, I made it up, but I must be to be an auditor and an artsy-fartsy at the same time! Thank God for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or I probably wouldn't be able to keep a job!

    ReplyDelete