Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pool Side Beverage Service


Hello,


So my kid likes to swim. Perhaps you have seen this in my previous posts. I am very proud of her for her dedication and perseverance. It is extra hard for her with a shoulder disability. In her latest meet, her shoulder actually popped out while she was swimming the backstroke. It took skill to get it to go back into place without skipping a beat. She still managed to gain about 15 yards on her competitor.


One of the drills her coach taught her was to balance a half full cup of water on her forehead and swim a length of the pool without it falling off. This technique was used to demonstrate the principle of not moving to much side to side which causes drag and slows you down. This is my favorite picture of her. She did manage to complete the drill and swim 25 yards without spilling a drop.

4 comments:

  1. and, the cup was never seen again...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great picture Auxiliary Girl! You have another talent besides writing I see. Are you visiting other people's blogs and leaving them comments? I am sure there are lots of bloggers out there that would love your blog as much as I do. Maybe you could join a weekly series like Sky Watch, or My World Tuesday, or Ruby Tuesday, or Cactus Monday, or Wordless Wednesday. This photo makes me think of Wordless Wednesday. It defies explanation really. This way some other bloggers could enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auxiliary Girl, you mentioned on my blog that you visited Fireblossom yet I don't see where you left her a comment. Are you shy????????
    I think you're being shy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, i could never manage that!

    And...no need to be shy of me, I'm just a little brown mouse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete