Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Concord River


Hope you are enjoying looking at some of my photographs. This picture of the Concord River was taken while standing on the Old North Bridge looking downriver. I vividly remember my first trip to visit the bridge, sight of the start of the Revolutionary War, and the "shot heard round the world." As I stood there, I contemplated the men who fought there to free us from religious and political oppression. It was a "goosebump" moment. The Minutemen assembled on the left side the Redcoats on the right. This is a place that is definitely worth the trip.
Photo was taken by a pocket canon camera.

2 comments:

  1. thats a really nice and pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the bridge but I don't remember the river for some reason. It's beautiful! Some of those pocket cameras take some good shots, don't they? I have a tiny Fuji that takes really clear great shots like this. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete