Friday, February 6, 2009

Putting Things in Perspective

Nicci's Musing....

Have you ever had one of those days where you thought that people were "out to get you?" Or that Mr. Murphy himself personally visited you to deliver the cliche "whatever can go wrong will go wrong?" Then there is the day where it seems that you make everyone around you mad. Or when there is some strange nebulous vibe going on around you that you can't quite comprehend, but you swear deep down its there? Or how about the day when people just stare at you and you wonder what they are staring at, "gee do I have something in my teeth?" And then one of my least favorites, when every time you touch something it breaks, warps and generally becomes useless, there-by hindering your entire day's productivity.

I know that we have all experienced these days in some form or another. I call these sorts of days "Perspective Days." They are the days that make our good days seem more glorious. They put good things that happen everyday on a new level, something to cherish. I find that when I become engulfed in the funk of life, I take a step back and start to ponder. I force myself to make a mental list with the top 5 things that make me happy, something that went right, or think about the people I love and who love me. Usually my perspective starts to shift as my thoughts move to the more positive things causing the negatives to fade to the background. This helps get my out of my funk and gain a new perspective. To quote Winnie the Pooh "I like the happy bouncy Tigger better!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Winnie! I rescued a Winnie the Pooh last week from a yard sale with the original illustrations! The woman gave it to me.

    This is a really good post.

    Mind if I re-name my current boss Murphy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose Mr. Murphy is a great name for him, he seems like a "special" kind of guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special Ed, except that is an insult to the mentally impaired souls.

    ReplyDelete