Thursday, January 29, 2009

Twilight Series is Astounding

Hello everyone,

My teen daughter has encouraged me for months to read the Twilight series. I scoffed at the idea on numerous occasions. "Who me?? read about vampires?? read about werewolves?? You must be joking!! Harry Potter Yes, Vampires No!"

She got me at a weak moment on a plane with nothing to do, and handed me the Twilight book #1. She of course had already finished the series but had this book hiding in her carry on. She waited for just the right moment to pounce. I kinda pursed the lips and said again, "yeah right, sure." But she persisted so I decided to start reading. You know what, I almost didn't want to get off the plane because I would have to stop reading!!! Imagine my surprise when I got totally engulfed in the book so quickly.

I read the other 3 books quickly there after. And then the most amazing thing happened, I had to read them a second time! I let my newest mystery novel by my FAVORITE author languish on the counter in favor of a second read. Then I went back and read the love scenes again, how utterly silly and delightful is that? Apparently, I am a hopeless romantic. I highly recommend this series. And, NO, you can't borrow my copy, I might want to read them again!

6 comments:

  1. omg! I love the Twilight Series too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding - I know first hand that you will not loan out a copy. jeeeesh.

    I will break down and go buy the first installment today. I'm thinking the same thing as you - book on vampires, werewolves? yea right. I'll keep you posted.

    I like the direction this blog of yours is going. I still want to see a picture of all that snow you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather be the queen than the pouted-one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now I have really lost it... went and reread the first and third books. Still like them as much as the first and second time I wrote about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is going really well. Now start visiting other blogs and make comments and they will come here. I did.

    ReplyDelete